“DR. ANSAR P P” Locations
About “DR. ANSAR P P”
Dr. Ansar P P is an experienced Surgical Oncologist who has been and continues to be associated with leading hospitals and cancer clinics across India. He has academic know-how and practical and surgical experience in cancers affecting various organs, and their treatment procedures. Some of these include cancers affecting thyroid, tongue, oral cavity, larynx, head and neck, breast cancer, skin cancer, oesophageal and gastrointestinal cancer, and urologic cancers.
Dr. Ansar has been involved in radical, modified radical, and selective neck dissections mainly for node removal, flap reconstructions (a type of plastic surgery where body muscle or fat from one area is reconstructed at another area, such as breast), breast oncoplasty and sentinel node biopsies (used to detect and evaluate breast cancer and melanoma stages). He also engages in minimally invasive, new-age procedures like video-assisted thoracoscopy lung resections, laparoscopic and robotic surgeries. His areas of interest include fertility-preserving cancer surgery, wherein early detection of cervical cancer enables removal of only the cervix without removing the entire uterus or ovaries. Likewise, in early-stage ovarian cancer, it is possible to remove only the affected ovary and retain the other ovary, in order to facilitate fertility.
- Surgical Oncologist Medical Trust Hospital
- MBBS Trivandrum Medical College, Kerala
- MS (General Surgery) Maharaja Krishna Chandra Gajapati Medical College and Hospital, Berhampur, Orissa
- DNB (Surgical Oncology) Apollo Hospitals Enterprise, Chennai
- FMAS (Laproscopic Surgery)
- Member of the Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI)
- Indian Association of Surgical Oncology (IASO)
- Indian Society of Oncology (ISO), Kerala Association of Surgical Oncologists (KASO) and Association of Gynaecologic Oncologists of India (AGOI)