“DR. REMI GEORGE” Locations
About “DR. REMI GEORGE”
Dr. Remi George is a Nephrologist and is available for consultation for renal dysfunctions, kidney diseases, kidney transplantations, dialysis, renal nutrition, and more. He has received formal training and is experienced in evaluating renal transplant patients and addressing related complications that may arise from transplants. He has been and continues to be involved in pre and post-operative procedures for renal patients.
Based on the patient’s stage and the extent of kidney disease, Dr. George may recommend dialysis – where the kidney function is taken over by external machines that act as filters to remove waste and toxic substances from the body. Since the most crucial function of kidneys is to eliminate waste and maintain body water and mineral levels, any malfunction of kidneys results in body fluid imbalance and improper blood purification. Dialysis facilitates flushing out toxic substances and impurities from the body and restoring body mineral and electrolyte balance. Additionally, diet and nutrition is key in maintaining kidney functioning. Thus, renal nutrition is an important aspect to be considered for kidney patients. Dr. George has in-depth knowledge in renal nutrition and can provide suitable guidance and advice to patients.
- Nephrologist Meditrina Superspeciality Hospital, Kollam
- MBBS ( 2004 - 2010 ) Govt. Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai
- MD (General Medicine) ( 2011 - 2014 ) Govt. Medical College, Calicut
- DM Nephrology ( 2015 - 2015 ) National Board of Examinations
- Post Doctoral Fellow In Kidney Transplantation ( 2019 - 2020 ) Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow
- Life Member of Indian Society of Nephrology
- Travancore Cochin Medical Councils